Based in Johannesburg, South Africa
Press / Business Contact:
+27 (0) 83 700 9787
Retro-futuristic game design and aesthetics. The essence of the old with the technique of the new.
retroFuture was founded in 2011 by Michael de Jager, a man who had no idea how to make games. After successfully completing a Flash game tutorial, he realized that he should make games for a living.Currently
retroFuture is a 2 man team consisting of Michael de Jager (author) and Julian Pritchard (editor). Michael harnesses his artistic prowess as lead designer, artist and programmer. Julian flexes his comp-sci and game-dev muscle to refine design elements and fix complicated coding problems.
zX trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for retroFuture, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for retroFuture. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "Demo showcase A MAZE 2013" - Berlin, 24 April, 2013
- "It’s a tough little game, but my word, is it ever fun, and so very well presented."
- Chris Priestman, IndieStatik
- "I feel that the game's focus on melee combat differentiates it from many shmups - you really need to master the blade attacks to get anywhere in zX. This feature and the combination of awesome soundtrack and glowy neon visuals totally won me over."
- J. Monkman, Retro Gamer CD
- "This is an intense and satisfying game which should fulfill your need for an arcade shooter."
- John P. Martin, Indie Retro News
- "retroFuture's zX is not like most shmups. Instead of encouraging passive play or requiring the player to dodge a ton of bullets, players should dive straight into the line of fire to reflect enemy shots and power up their hyper gun."
- John Polson, Indiegames.com
Back to the homepage with you http://retro-future.net.
Team & Repeating Collaborators
Michael de Jager
Founder, Game Designer, Artist, Musician
Cohort, Game Designer, Programmer, Web Janitor